There are some people who just own cars—they drive them around, keep up on regular maintenance and, ultimately, trade them in or sell them for a new car sometime in the future. Then, there are car enthusiasts. These are the people who aren’t content with simply owning a vehicle: they want to make their ride unique, powerful, exciting and custom. These are the people who find themselves looking into aftermarket, high performance parts in Hesperia, CA.
Now, if you’ve been a car enthusiast for years, the marketplace of performance car parts is a bit easier to navigate than if you’re new to things and are looking for a good place to start.
Newbies to the aftermarket and performance world of auto ownership can have a tough time getting started for a number of reasons—namely when it comes to what they’d like to modify on their vehicle. Do you mod your exhaust to give your muscle car more roar? Do you take the tuner chip route to optimize engine performance and fuel economy? Or do you jump into the world of lift and body kits to show off a custom façade?
Take a look at five of the best places to start when it comes to delving into the prolific world of high performance parts in Hesperia, CA and what these mods can do for you and your ride:
- Cold air intake: To improve your fuel economy and boost off the line, a cold air intake is the right place to start. This is also one of the easier aftermarket modifications to make, since most cold air intake manufacturers and thorough in their installation instructions and provide fitment guides for specific makes and models.
- Strut bars: If you want better handling out of your vehicle—which is essential as you modify certain components in the future—you’re going to want to look into aftermarket strut bars. Adding tower braces will keep your vehicle stable during tight cornering at higher speeds and can also assist in shock performance over heavy bumps.
- Computer tuning chips: There’s a chip for everything out there, but the most popular chips deal with air intake, fuel economy and other aspects of engine performance. Tuner ships are easy enough to install and, if necessary, calibrate. Depending on your make and model car, you might find that your capabilities are more or less restricted, which can mean even more modifications in the future, making this mod one for moderately experienced drivers.
- Performance tires: That’s right, something as simple as your tires can dramatically impact your vehicle’s performance—especially if you’ve upgraded other aspects of it. Performance tires grip the road better, maintaining traction at higher speeds and in cornering situation, in all conditions.
- Spark plugs and wiring: Switching from traditional copper spark plugs to iridium or platinum plugs can boost a major upswing in your fuel economy! Combine this with enhanced wiring to help your plugs run hotter, while also increasing electrical resistance that might otherwise cause burnouts or interference.
If you’re thinking about adding some high performance parts in Hesperia, CA to your vehicle, start with the list above—you can’t go wrong!