The first performance engines were diesel engines. Their attributes made them perfect racing engines due to their light weight and streamlined processes. That is why, in Europe, 50 percent of cars are diesel powered. However, the appreciation has not quite spread to the United States. Here is why the diesel engine should not be overlooked when considering customization through performance engines in Hesperia, CA:
- Better fuel economy: The expense of performance cars—aside from the customization, repair, and maintenance—comes with the fuel. With diesel engines, you can enjoy speed and spend less time filling up on petrol. Since traditional diesel engines convert 45 percent of their fuel to power, they use less of it. Compare that to gasoline engines, which convert 30 percent of their fuel to energy. The new advanced engines can take that up to 50 percent to really give you a need for speed without constantly filling up.
- Reliability: Diesel engines have fewer parts to break down. They do not have high-voltage ignition systems or spark plus, which also gives you one fewer maintenance item to consider. Gasoline engines also let off radio frequency emissions that can interfere with electrical systems and cause wear in those areas. If you keep a diesel engine well maintained, you can expect to enjoy it without fear of breakdown.
- Longevity: There is a reason long-haul trucks and tractors have diesel engines. These machines need to last, and their diesel engines are a big part of that ability. Parts are stronger, and diesel fuel has excellent lubricating properties to keep them in good repair. The result is diesel engines lasting twice as long. This will remain true even if you modify them, since the engines can stand up to changes and keep performing well.
- Turbo-charging: You can turbo-charge a gasoline engine, but the process is much easier with a diesel. It is why some motorists enjoy buying older diesel VW Rabbits as project cars—there are many turbo-charged possibilities to enjoy. Gasoline engines are also in danger of detonation if you are too enthusiastic with these methods. They simply cannot always handle this modification. There is no such concern if you have a diesel engine.
- Synthetic fuel option: If you want to run your gasoline engine on non-petroleum based fuels, you will have to perform a series of modifications first. However, if you wish to run an experiment on whether your diesel performance engine will run faster on bio-diesel or conventional diesel, you can have fun carrying that out without making any changes to your engine.
- Safety: Besides being able to turbo-charge without fear of explosions, diesel engines run with fewer fumes. This takes people by surprise, because they frequently associate diesels with black smoke and loud engines. However, that only happens when the car is not well maintained. Diesel in general has fewer toxic fumes and is better for air quality.
If you are interested in customized performance engines in Hesperia, CA, visit Rezurxn Speed and Marine for engine parts and boat repair.