Labor Day has come and gone, which means summer is on its way out and colder whether is right around the corner. This means the change of leaves and cooler temperature. Unfortunately, it also means that it’s time to prepare your boat for the off-season.
Storing your boat isn’t as simple as just parking it in the boat storage facility until spring rolls around. Poor weather conditions and long storage periods can leave you paying for expensive boat repair in Hesperia, CA. Taking a few simples steps to get your boat ready for storage can save you from unneeded and costly repairs once it’s time to pull the boat back out in warmer weather.
- Identify any needed repairs: This is the perfect time to examine your boat for any necessary repairs. Any unrepaired problems could only get worse during months of sitting in storage. If you find any major issues, this is a great time to take it into the shop for boat repairs in Hesperia, CA. As an added benefit, your boat will be ready to go when the beautiful weather rolls around next spring.
- Change your oil: Anything that has managed to seep its way into the oil could corrode the engine as your boat sits in storage. Water and acids are the most common offenders. Avoid having to replace your engine prematurely by changing the filter before flushing it out to remove any contaminants. After that, all you have to do is add new oil.
- Fill up the antifreeze: California winters aren’t known for being particularly harsh, but they can still do quite a number on your boat, making antifreeze crucial. Drain out your coolant system before flushing it and then it with fresh antifreeze. This way you’ll have the peace of mind knowing your engine is protected from freezing and corrosion.
- Clean the boat: It might be difficult to find time to clean your boat when you’re eager to get out on the water during the summer. So take the time now to give it a good cleaning. Scrub away any dirt and grim that has built-up during your recent excursions on the open sea. By taking this time to clean you can avoid any unnecessary damage to the paint and finish.
- Cover up: Using a boat cover is the perfect way to protect your high performance boat from any dust, grime, dirt, grime and moisture that could build-up. When the beautiful weather rolls around next year you’ll just be able to pull the cover off and hit the water.
Don’t have the time to prepare your boat for the off-season? Then leave the job to the professionals at Rezurxn Speed and Marine. From clear coat restoration to any mechanical fixes, our repair specialists will ensure that your boat is in top condition before it goes into storage for the upcoming fall and winter season. Call us today at 760-244-747 to schedule your full inspection and any necessary repairs.